Bio-essence






About: the concept for this product, is that it will stay on yoru skin all though the night, keeping in the much needed moisture, and protecting your skin from dehydration due to sleeping in a dry or air-coned room. The price can seem steep (about 34 SGD on regular), but you get a huge box of 100 grams, which is not a bad deal at all.

How it worked for me: the texture is much like a thick gel, applies with ease. The product creates a sticky layer at first, but gradually sinks into the skin, leaving only a thin layer of product.

What I liked: this is one of those few products that can keep the skin moisturized, but don’t make you wake up with an oily cast on your face. I did notice some improvement in my skin comfort, and softness, but it was nothing rave-worthy. I definitely like to use this product on days my skin feels irritated or extra dry. Maybe it’s just not powerful enough for truly dry skin? At the same time I feel it would be very appropriate even for oily skin, because of it’s light and oil-free feel.

What I didn’t like: the formula is not very useful for people like me – who toss and turn at night, or sleep on their face (yeah, I know it’s not good for the skin… but as a chronic insomniac I’ll sleep at any position, as long as I sleep ;) ). It rubs off on the pillow, and generally feels sticky when your cheek touches the pillow. It definitely works and improves skin condition, but as a totally extra steep in a skin care routine, it does feel “skippable”.

Summary: if you suffer from dehydrated skin, or are stuck with a night moisturizer that does not seem to do it’s job well, this mask is definitely worth a try. I still feel it’s worth buying, because it’s not all that expensive, and since most of us sleep in air-conned room, taking the estra step to prevent moisture loss can be beneficial in long term.

没有评论:

Ads